Thursday 16 August 2012

IT’S PLAYTIME: OUR TOP 3 PLAYSUITS!


Jumpsuits, romper, all-in-one… whatever you want to call it, the playsuit (that’s the one with the shorts) is a long standing summer staple that will never go away! With my excitement at the UK’s largest street party, the Notting Hill Carnival fast approaching my mind wonders to what to wear…(as per usual!). So, I’m having a conversation with my friend about the possible outfit combos with not much joy… jeans? Naaaah to boring you never know who you’re going to meet! How about a skirt? Goodness no!!! I can envisage way too many scenarios where wearing a skirt could go horrifyingly wrong!! Maxi dress? No way! it’ll have no hemline by the end of it!! After dismissing most of the options thrown at me she looked at me with great glee and said, how about a playsuit? YESSSSS! Perfect!!

*sidebar… I must state here that I usually go to a friends apartment in Westbourne Grove and hang off of their balcony overlooking the carnival route, which in my opinion is THE best way to enjoy the carnival! Close enough to get involved with the festivities but also in close proximity to a bathroom I don’t need to take out a small mortgage on to use!

The playsuit is such a cute alternative to a dress and can be dressed down for the day and spruced up for the evening, preserves your modesty in case of any ummm slip ups and is SUPER comfy! Not to mention if the weather turns you can just chuck on some tights and you’re good to go! Why didn’t I think of that?!

In keeping with the festival spirit I’ve rounded up 3 of our top playsuit picks, now all you need to do is go out to play!

xoxo

Colour Block Playsuit

The Baby Doll Playsuit

The Printed Playsuit

No comments:

Post a Comment